Our Foundation funds organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve. Please see below for our guidelines and other important information on our grants process.
We support nonprofit organizations whose mission is aligned with our priority areas:
- Health and Human Services
- Youth and Education
- Supporting Diversity and Inclusion of All Abilities
We review applications on a quarterly basis. At the close of the application process, it typically takes us at least 6 WEEKS to review and get back to you.
Organizations we fund must serve the community where we operate. To learn more about our operating area, please either select your store by clicking ‘Change’ at the top of this website or view our online map at Albertsons.com.
From time to time, we release special RFP opportunities by invitation only for specific causes we identify as priorities.
Outside of a specific RFP, a first-time funded organization will typically receive a grant of $1,000 to $2,500. Once we have some history with an organization, we will entertain a request at a higher value.
Although we would love to help everyone, the Foundation generally does not fund:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Capital or building campaigns
- Advocacy programs
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, and events. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.
Event Funding and Gift Cards
If you would like to request a gift card donation of $100 or less, please bring a formal request on your organization’s letterhead with your TAX ID, address and details to your local store director for consideration.
For donation requests of more than $100 or products, please complete an online application and select event sponsorship or gift card/product donation for consideration by our for-profit company.
Event sponsorships, product donation, and gift card requests require a minimum of 6 weeks to evaluate. Requests received with less than 6 weeks lead time will not be considered.
All donation and grant requests in California, Northern Nevada and Hawaii require an employee sponsor. An employee sponsor is an employee of Safeway or Vons who is willing to vouch for the work of your organization. Typically, an employee sponsor is a volunteer, board member or someone helped by your organization. If you cannot identify an employee in your ranks, we recommend you speak to your local store director to share information about your organization and see if they would be willing to sponsor.